On the eve before my son's high school graduation, I think back to the little blond boy who first made me a Mom. He was a curious child who loved to explore. By the age of 3, that exploration became vertical as he found his first tree. It started with a little red bud in our front yard, and later moved to the maple. I remember telling him not to climb higher than he could climb down, because I wasn't coming up after him. But branch after branch, his confidence grew.
And so it is with the life on which he is about to embark. In some ways he is still that little blond boy. Same amazing smile, same curiousity. It wasn't always easy to let him climb farther than I could reach him. But I had to let him develop faith in his own abilities. Each step he takes, his confidence will grow. And I will know that all these years I have poured into his life has been enabling him to climb higher than he ever thought possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment