Thursday, November 22, 2012
Coming of Age
On November 14, 2012 Sharayah Brianne Marshall turned 16 years old. I am in awe of the strong person she is becoming. She is a typical teenage girl and we have had our share of trials and tears, yet she brings so much joy to my life. I am her parent first, but I'm also her friend. She shares quite a bit with me and I love the bond we have. I sometimes wish I could have done more for her special day, but a bonfire and games in the backyard with friends seemed to work out fine.
The following week, she obtained her drivers license. As scary as it is to watch your daughter drive away in your vehicle, it also brings relief when you realize you have someone to help lighten the load of "taxi driver"
She is growing up. I pray every day for her future. I know life is not easy and I pray she has all that she needs to be able to handle the things that will come her way. I pray that she will be able to find true joy despite what happens around her. And I pray that just maybe, some of her dreams will come true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment