When you can't control the big things, you sometimes opt to control the little things. The other day I went to the grocery store. After the cart was full, I started loading things on the belt. Items were arranged by type, size, and even weight. When I got to the vehicle the drill was similar. It was like a game, a puzzle to make everything fit just right.
At home, things are much the same. Everything has a place. If you put things back in the correct spot, you will know where they are when you need it.
Part of this is most likely my OCD tendencies. But the other part is feeling like other parts of my life are so out of control. Fear of saying the wrong thing, or things being taken the wrong way. Not being "good enough". Feelings of betrayal, lack of trust, lack of love, loneliness. Sometimes it's easier to cover those negative feelings by organizing a bookshelf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment