
Fall is upon us and school is in full swing. The kids are now familiar with their new schedules and know what they need to accomplish each given day. Our homeschooling day has changed a bit over the years. When Josiah and Sharayah were little, I spent most of my time sitting with them on the couch or at the table and helping them with their work. Now, I only do that with Jayden and Micah. The older two do most things on their own. And Canaan only comes to me if he has a question. The four younger ones and I have been gathering on the front porch for science while the weather is still nice and Josiah can be seen doing experiments both in the kitchen and outside from time to time. I still enjoy homeschooling. It has been nice to have the kids around and to play an active part in teaching and watching them learn. These last two weeks Micah has learned to both carry and borrow in math. I am sometimes amazed that this rambunctious little boy of mine has gotten so big. A few years down the road I will look back and miss this time. They grow up so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment