Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Little Cub Scout


Micah's first official Cub Scout meeting was this afternoon. He technically joined back in September, but we've only made one Pack meeting and not a single den meeting since. First they had trouble finding a leader (yes, I could have volunteered, but I just didn't want to). Then the person that did volunteer decided to have meetings on Saturday. That doesn't work well for us and I promply forget the next meeting. I was feeling bad because Canaan's den is already well established and he has been going to meetings twice a month since school started. I finally got in contact with a friend and found out when this next meeting was and learned that it is only their second meeting, so we really haven't missed much. It was fun. The kids were suppose to be putting together a family scrapbook, so they had all brought pictures. After using lots of construction paper, markers, glue, and scissors, they ended up with a nice finished product. Most importantly, they had fun.

No comments: