When we found out that my Dad had died in a plane crash, we took it pretty hard. Dad was an awesome father and Granddad. He loved to play with the kids and let them "help" him at the farm. It doesn't seem fair that they only had him for a few short years. There were a lot of tears that night as I told them what had happened. I know that each one is grieving in their own way. My older three are very open with the tears. My 6yo cries, but doesn't like anyone to see him cry. But it's my youngest that amazes me. She is 4 1/2 and although she loved her Granddad very much, she sees clearly that he is in Heaven with Jesus and that she'll see him again someday. She has talked a lot these last few weeks about Heaven and what we can do once we get there. She asked me the other day if I would go "cloud jumping" with her. I told her it sounded like fun. Maybe we'll get Granddad to join us.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
The Faith of a Child
When we found out that my Dad had died in a plane crash, we took it pretty hard. Dad was an awesome father and Granddad. He loved to play with the kids and let them "help" him at the farm. It doesn't seem fair that they only had him for a few short years. There were a lot of tears that night as I told them what had happened. I know that each one is grieving in their own way. My older three are very open with the tears. My 6yo cries, but doesn't like anyone to see him cry. But it's my youngest that amazes me. She is 4 1/2 and although she loved her Granddad very much, she sees clearly that he is in Heaven with Jesus and that she'll see him again someday. She has talked a lot these last few weeks about Heaven and what we can do once we get there. She asked me the other day if I would go "cloud jumping" with her. I told her it sounded like fun. Maybe we'll get Granddad to join us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awwwww, that reminds me of my 10 year old dd. When my dad died, she was 4 and she *loved* Poppa. There was a photo I had of her as a toddler sitting on Poppa's lap that I moved for safekeeping to a new location. I didn't realize that she had been looking at it several times a day. After I moved it, a little while later she came running to me and said "momma! where is me and poppa?" She was relieved to see that I had moved it to the top of the entertainment center! :)
(((Melissa))) I have found blogging very theraputic.
hope blogging will be good for you... it is for me.
Post a Comment