Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Dad




My dad spent 18 months working on a Zenair Zodiac 601 XL single engine plane. He involved everyone he could in the progress of this plane. He was so proud of it. Flying is a special kind of freedom. On Nov 1, 2007, just 4 days after it had passed inspection, he took it up for the first time. We really don't know what happened, but after 7-8 minutes he crashed 2 1/2 miles from the airstrip. He was pronounced dead at 5:45 pm.
I miss my Dad more than I can possibly express. He was my rock. A major part of who I am is because of my Dad. He taught me the importance of working hard and being there for my friends. He taught me how important it is to love at all costs. But most importantly, he taught me that God loves me and that this world is only for a short time. This isn't our home. God knew from the beginning how my Dad's life would end. And I find comfort in knowing that he was ready to go.





No comments: