Monday, October 7, 2013

Ten Things I Know To Be True About Me

1. Life rarely turns out the way we expect it to; but I'm learning to change those expectations.
2. Everyone has a story to tell, me included. Someone out there may be desperate to hear it and I pray for the right time to share.
3. When I love, I love deeply. Whether it's family or friends,  I will be there when you need me.
4. Happiness is a choice. Day by day I strive to choose joy!
5. I believe that laughter really IS the best medicine.
6. I want God to be in control of my life. Yet there are many times I ask for guidance, but forget to let go of the
 reins. 
7. I am loved, I am accepted, and I am a child of the King. This is something else I forget from time to time.
8. I cannot heal what I cannot feel. Numbing the bad feelings only keep you from moving forward.
9. I am harder on myself than anyone else is.
10. I know my "right now" is not my "forever".

1 comment:

RedHed said...

Very wise words Mel. Wish I got to see you more often than once or twice a year. :-)