Monday, October 1, 2012

A Mom's "Day Off"

I took a day off today. I had a busy weekend and it just seemed I needed a little more down time before plunging into this week. So I told the kids we would not be having school today. My "day off" began at 6:30am when the alarm woke me up to get ready to take Josiah to his class at the Tech Center. When I got back I had a couple cups of coffee, and started the dishes and laundry. I babysat from 8:30-2:30 (taking time to run an errand, pick up Josiah, make lunch, and take Sharayah and Canaan to school at 1:45). At 2:45 I picked up Sharayah and we headed to Subway for an early dinner. We picked Canaan up from the school at 3:30 and I laid down for a bit (stupid cold). At 5:00 I took Josiah and Canaan to karate. We are now all home for the evening and I just finished folding the 3rd load of laundry for the day. If this was my "day off", why am I so exhausted???

No comments: