Saturday, March 10, 2012

Micah's 11th Birthday




Micah turned 11 earlier this week. He had decided ahead of time that he wanted a "Blue" birthday, complete with a blue velvet cake, blue tableware, and a blue shirt and jeans. We had 6 little boys running around the yard jumping on the trampoline, shooting Nerf guns, and playing Air Hockey in the garage. I honestly can't believe Micah is 11. He and Jayden have always been my "little ones", but at 11 and almost 9 they really aren't very "little" anymore. I have enjoyed watching Micah grow into a thoughtful young man. Yes, he is very energetic at times, and he definitely can be challenging. But he is also tenderhearted and still grabs for my hand as we walk across the parking lot to Walmart. And he is happy to snuggle with me as we enjoy a movie together (and steal my popcorn). Micah is the one who makes me laugh the most, and there are some days when that is my lifeline. On this day, I celebrate the l1th year of a most precious son. May you continue to grow in wisdom. I love you. Mom

No comments: