Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Suprise Arrival of MoJo



December was a month of change for our family in regards to pets. A cat that had been living in our garage as well as one of our house cats, Max, both died. We really have no idea what happened but they appeared to have been poisoned and were found in our back yard. Two weeks later, Zoe had a puppy. We honestly didn't realize she was pregnant till she went into labor. Yes, she had gotten a little "hefty" but we contributed it to winter weight. I have had very little experience with puppies so this was new and somewhat scary. I stayed up with her through the night on Dec. 20 and watched the first one being born. He looked nothing like his Mama. Apparently Daddy was a Beagle :). Another one came a couple hours later, but she was having trouble and it was stillborn. We watched this little guy double in size within a week. I warned the kids not to name him since I had no intention of keeping him. You probably know how that tuned out. He quickly became "MoJo" (short for MoJo JoJo). He is now 11 weeks old and getting ready to go to a new family next month. He's a precious puppy and the kids will have a hard time letting go, but we have many pictures and video and take comfort in knowing he will be going to a little girl who will love him just as we have.

No comments: