John passed away today. He was the little red haired kid next door. He was the little brother of Robbie, one of my best friend's growing up. Rob and I would ride bikes all summer long pretending we could do stunts like Evel Knievel. And wherever we rode, there was John, running behind us to keep up. No one could match the energy and perseverance that kid had. Of course, when I was young I saw John as more of an annoyance. I remember when he was hanging on the tall sissy bar on my 70's Schwinn Stingray. He bent it back and my Dad replaced it with a low one that wasn't nearly as cool.
John grew up to be a good guy, and from what I've heard, a great husband and father. He will leave a big hole in the hearts of his parents, siblings, wife, and children, as well as all of his friends. Life is too short.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment