Yesterday was the first anniversary of my Dad's death. I took off in the van and enjoyed the colors of Fall while I was reminded that it was almost identical to that same day a year ago. Yes, a perfect day to go for a plane ride. Dad didn't know when he woke up that morning that it would be his last one on earth. There's not a day that goes by when I don't miss him. You see, my Dad honestly cherished me.
Webster defines the word cherish as "To treat with tenderness and affection; to nurture with care; to protect and aid". Dad was interested in my life, he enjoyed being with me; laughing, and joking. He loved me unconditionally. I guess in a way, I learned about God's love because of the relationship I had with my Dad. I'm not sure I believe the old saying that "time heals all wounds", but I will continue living the way that my Dad taught me. To trust God in all things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
(((((Mel)))))) I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had someone in your life who cherished you, even if it was for such a short time.
Post a Comment