Friday, August 22, 2008

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

My poor Jayden is having a terrible time understanding the concepts of Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. On Wednesday I asked her if there was something special she would like to do tomorrow. She decided she would like to go to the park. Thursday arrives and she asks me what day it is. I tell her it's Thursday. She says "no, is it today, tomorrow, or what?" I say "it's today". She gets this really disappointed look on her face as she says "you told me we could go to the park tomorrow, but it's today". Confusing the child even more (because that's my job), I say "yes, but you asked me that yesterday, so today is tomorrow".

3 comments:

r said...

I remember when my ds had a difficult time with that. He would say "the other day" and he meant yesterday. It took a long time for him to under stand that yesterday was the day before and the other day was sometime last week. LOL

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

Ethan had trouble when we talked about something that happened yesterday, but was had actually happened at night. He would insist it wasn't yesterday, but yesternight. LOL She'll get it.

Minkydo said...

lol… What a sweet story!