My mother-in-law passed away early Saturday morning. I remember her as overbearing, headstrong, and fiercely loving. She was the rock of her family. After a stroke many years ago, she was but a shadow of her former self. We drifted away and didn't visit like we should. Yesterday I was able to reconnect with my sister-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews. With the divorce entering the final stages, I worry about how those related will change. I married into that family, and I became a part of it. My niece, Summer, was born just a couple months after Tim and I had begun dating. I remember holding her that first Thanksgiving. Today, she has grown into a beautiful young woman. I will always be her aunt, regardless of my marital status. My sister-in-law has been my big sis since the first time I met her in 1989. I expect some things will change, but I pray we can navigate our way to continue a comfortable, loving relationship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment