Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Morning Thoughts

It's easy to praise God in the good times. But as I sat in church this morning, I praised him for past struggles and the growth that came from them. I praised him for present struggles and asked for the strength and grace to deal with them correctly. I asked for forgiveness for the times I fail, when words come out before my brain is engaged, times when what I felt threatened what I knew to be true. I thanked Him for godly grandparents and parents who taught me to work hard and always find a way to help others. I thanked Him for allowing me to grow up in a small town, where life was just a little slower. (I didn't appreciate it then as much as I do now). I thanked him for friends, those who stick by me, as well as those who have distanced themselves. I love them all. I thanked Him for my children. I have probably learned just as much from them as they have from me. I can't imagine what life would be like without them and never knew how deeply I could love. Most of all I thanked God for never leaving my side, even when I refused to acknowledge His presence.
  So many times we are overwhelmed with life. We see things we should be doing, and feel guilty about things we should have handled better. We are pulled in every direction. We can never do enough or be enough. We are exhausted. I am far from perfect. I am horribly flawed; but I have a Savior who loves me. We must remember that we are loved, we are cherished, and we are forgiven. Tomorrow is a brand new day.

No comments: