Friday, March 11, 2011

Jayden's 8th Birthday


Jayden had yet another Princess birthday party. We made a castle cake and she and her friends had fun dipping fresh fruit in a chocolate fountain. I teased her about the fact that all but one of her parties have been "princess themed". That one was Tinkerbell; not quite a princess, but still Disney. Yes, she has always been my little princess, but she informed me the other day that she was now a "tomboy". I'm not sure what brought on this change. Maybe she's just growing up. But I still have this picture of her climbing the tree out front in a pair of heels. She's a well rounded kid. She likes to play in the puddles after it rains and she's not afraid to get dirty. She doesn't mind bugs and frogs, but loves to put on a pretty dress and make-up too. This little girl who has always seemed so shy in public, yet totally the opposite at home is finally starting to break out of her shell. I catch her talking to people more and am really looking forward to the day when others can see the personality that I have loved for 8 years. Happy Birthday Jayden!

No comments: