Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Broken vessel
Many times we get in the way of our own healing. Satan whispers in our ear things that make us feel dissatisfied with our lives. This past week I got caught up in the lies. I easily forget that it's not about what I am doing to solve a problem, but rather that I am letting God work through me. He sees the big picture where I only see a small portion. I didn't mean to get in the way, but I have a hard time trusting. How many times have I said "God, I'm giving this to you" only to take it back again? Why do I think I'm more capable of tackling a difficult situation than the Creator of the Universe? I think we often try to gauge things according to our own timetables and perceptions. Could it be possible that just maybe God is working even when we don't see the results we believe we should be seeing? I am not a patient person. I want things done a certain way and in a specific time frame. If it is not, I will step in and do it myself. My family can attest to this. It is one of my biggest faults. And it's the same way I deal with God. Giving up control, handing it completely over to him is terrifying for me. But as a child, once again I will try. Lord, take this broken vessel and fill it up. Help me to be whole again. The storms of this life have beaten me down but I yearn to find shelter in you. I can't promise that somewhere down the road I won't make the same mistakes, but I believe that I can be stronger if I let you lead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From one broken vessel to another: may you see God work in wonderful ways so that trusting in Him will be as natural as breathing.
Post a Comment